PLEASE DONATE TO ASHA NEPAL, ANNAPURNA ADVENTURE'S CHOSEN CHARITY

25 September 2011

Dee's Update (3): Jomsom to Kathmandu

The following is an email update by Dee to her friends and family, send from Kathmandu or 2 January:
Hey!

I just thought I'd send a short message to let everyone know we made it! Finishing on day 17, we trekked to Naya Pul and then headed for Pokhara for New Years!

I was wrong about the 'downhill from here' bit. Turns out, there was a not so small mountain in the way of that plan... After a relaxing break day in Tatopani, we hiked up another 1670 metres to Ghorepani at 2570m, then down to 1030 at Naya Pul. The mountain left me thinking how bad child birth could possibly be... After a few more small hiccups, we were there! 250km of trekking complete. Another incredible chapter in the book! One I am sure to not forget!

After New Years, Colleen and I sadly parted and I am now back in Kathmandu, India bound! (If my visa goes through tomorrow...) It will be sad to leave Nepal, what an amazing country!

I hope everyone had an incredible New Years!! Thank you for all the email updates! It was good to hear of everyone's holidays! Keep them coming!!

All the best!
Dee

No comments: