Gear bought, bags packed, permits in hand - Dee and I headed out from Kathmandu on 12 December to Besisahar, the starting point for the Annapurna Circuit. For the seven hour journey (Ha! Closer to ten), we opted for the local bus. By local I mean we were the only foreigners on the bus, and by bus I mean a large van. At one point, I remember counting nearly 25 people riding the "bus" - several of whom were on the roof of the bus with all the luggage and goods being brought to the various villages we were passing through. The young man running the organisational side of this show also spent part of the trip sitting on my lap. In any case, we made it to Besisahar in the first of many amazing cultural experiences of the trek.
Our packs fully-loaded (minus our sleeping bags) for the trek.
Of this photo, Deanna noted: "Happy Colleen! Ignorance truly is bliss."
Breakfast in Kathmandu before catching the bus.
Lunch on the road to Besisahar - I did not eat the chicken.




No comments:
Post a Comment