PLEASE DONATE TO ASHA NEPAL, ANNAPURNA ADVENTURE'S CHOSEN CHARITY

23 August 2011

Day 17: Birethanti to Naya Pul & Pokhara

Stats
Birethanti: 1,025m
Naya Pul: 1,070m
Ascent: 45m
Distance: 1km

On the final day of our trek, we hiked about 30 minutes from Birethanti to Naya Pul, where we tried unsuccessfully to hitchhike to Pokhara. Despite having no money at this point, we shared a cab with 4 Nepalis, not including the driver, in a compact car. We arrived in Pokhara, a.k.a. Heaven, and stayed for several days over New Years.

 Beautiful Phewa Lake in Pokhara.

 Parade for New Years.
Or more accurately, parade for tourists.

Dee and I say goodbye :(
Interestingly, she's still a trekker, whereas I've become a full-on hippie.

From Pokhara, Dee headed back to Kathmandu for a couple days, then went on to India for a week, and finally back home to Australia. I stayed in Pokhara to recover from New Years, then travelled to Bandipur and Chitwan National Park with two English guys we met on the trail. After returning to Kathmandu, I spent the next few months travelling through India, Thailand, and Burma, before heading back to Canada.

What started out as a pipe dream became a reality - Dee and Colleen trekked the Annapurna Circuit.

3 weeks wandering, 2 close companions, 1 amazing adventure.

The Map.

This was our Annapurna Adventure.

No comments: